No-Bake Nut Cookies
- 1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. broken nuts (pecans)
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 3 1/2 c. bite size shredded rice biscuits
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, mix brown sugar, nuts, evaporated milk and butter or margarine.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture bubbles all over top.
- Boil and stir 5 minutes more. Take off heat.
- Stir in vanilla and cereal; mix well.
- Using 2 teaspoons, drop and shape into 30 clusters on wax paper.
- Let stand until firm, about 30 minutes.