Double Cherry Delight
- 1 (17 oz.) can dark sweet pitted cherries
- 1/2 c. ginger ale
- 1 (6 oz.) pkg. Jell-O cherry flavor gelatin
- 2 c. boiling water
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- 1 c. miniature marshmallows
- Drain cherries, measuring syrup.
- Cut cherries in half.
- Add ginger ale and enough water to syrup to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add measured liquid and almond extract. Chill until very thick.
- Fold in marshmallows and the cherries. Spoon into 6-cup mold.
- Chill until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Makes about 5 1/3 cups.