Good Cabbage Slaw
- 1 head cabbage, shredded fine
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. vinegar
- 1 tsp. prepared mustard
- 3/4 c. salad oil
- Place alternate layers of cabbage and onions in a large bowl. Cover with sugar and celery seed.
- Boil together vinegar, salt and mustard.
- Add oil; heat again to boiling.
- Pour over cabbage and onions.
- Do not mix.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Better after 24 hours.
- Stir and serve.
- Keeps well.