Southwest Taco Dip
- 2 (15 oz. each) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 lb. ground raw turkey
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 c. bottled salsa
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 avocado, chopped fine
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped fine
- 2 green onions, sliced
- tortilla chips
- Combine beans, turkey, onion and chili powder in a skillet. Cook over medium heat until turkey is brown.
- Stir occasionally to mash beans and break up turkey.
- Stir in salsa and place in microwave-proof dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and microwave on High 1 to 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Combine sour cream, cilantro, salt and pepper and spread on top.
- Sprinkle with avocado, tomato and green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Makes 7 cups.