Blueberry Breakfast Bread
- 2 c. sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange rind
- 1 c. grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 c. frozen dry-packed blueberries
- 3/4 c. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, orange rind, cheese and blueberries in a large bowl.
- Add orange juice, shortening and egg.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour into a well-greased 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake in a preheated moderate oven (350°) for about 45 minutes or until bread feels firm to the touch.