Broiled Herbed Tomatoes
- 6 medium firm, ripe tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. margarine or butter
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. rosemary leaf, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. basil leaf
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Wash tomatoes and remove stem ends.
- Cut tomatoes in half crosswise.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Brush over cut surface of tomatoes with butter.
- Combine bread crumbs, rosemary, basil, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle crumbs over tops of tomatoes.
- Pour remaining butter over top of crumbs.
- Broil under low heat with tops of tomatoes about 3-inches from heat for 10 to 12 minutes until tomatoes are heated through and crumbs are well browned.