Orange Slice Cake
- 1 c. butter
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 1/2 c. Red Band plain flour
- 1 box dates, cut into small pieces
- 1 large bag orange slice candy, cut into small pieces
- 1 can Angel Flake coconut
- 2 c. nut meats
- 2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- Cream butter and sugar; add eggs, one at a time.
- Roll dates and nuts in 1/2 cup flour.
- Add alternating with milk and coconut, fruit, nuts and orange slices.
- Bake at 200° to 300° for 2 or 2 1/2 hours.