- 6 slices white bread (crusts removed)
- 1/2 stick margarine
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheese (Longhorn)
- 5 eggs, beaten well (use mixer)
- 2 c. half and half cream
- 1 lb. sausage
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- Cook sausage well and drain.
- Melt butter in 9 x 13-inch Pyrex dish.
- Tear bread into small pieces and sprinkle over butter. Sprinkle drained sausage over bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle cheese over sausage.
- Beat eggs and other ingredients.
- Pour over mixture. Chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake in 350° oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 6 to 8.