Bee Sting Buns(Makes 16 Buns)
- 2 (8 oz.) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 1/4 c. (1/2 stick) melted butter or margarine
- 1/4 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2/3 c. slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Unroll crescents and divide into scored triangles.
- Cut cream cheese block into 16 cubes.
- Place one cube at base of each triangle and roll up to enclose cheese.
- Bring ends of crescent together forming balls.
- Spray 16 muffin cups with nonstick coating.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spoon into bottoms of muffin cups.
- Place ball of dough in each cup. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let cool 1 minute, then immediately invert onto foil.