Italian Pasta And Bean Soup(Pasta E Fagioli)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1 (16 oz.) can tomatoes or 2 c. chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 (13 3/4 oz.) cans beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp. basil
- 1/8 tsp. oregano
- 1 (16 oz.) can white beans, drained
- 1/2 lb. Ditalini pasta or Elbow pasta, cooked "al dente"
- Grated cheese
- In medium saucepan, saute garlic in oil just until it begins to brown.
- Add tomatoes, beef broth, parsley, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and beans.
- Simmer uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Stir in pasta to heat.
- Serve with grated cheese and crusty Italian bread.