Sweet Potatoes For Two
- 2 to 3 sweet potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- dash of ground nutmeg or ground mace
- Slice sweet potatoes into an 8-inch pie plate; set aside. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Pour hot syrup over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes, basting occasionally or until syrup thickens and potatoes are glazed.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg or mace.
- Yields 2 servings.