- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 c. (about) diced leftover cooked beef, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 c. tomato sauce
- 1/4 c. beef bouillon
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp. ground oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 c. mashed potatoes, seasoned to taste with salt and pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese
- butter or margarine
- Heat oil; add onion and garlic.
- Saute over moderately low heat until onion is transparent.
- Add beef, tomato sauce, bouillon parsley, oregano , salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Cook mixture over moderately low heat until heated through.
- Put meat mixture in greased 2-quart casserole.
- Spoon potatoes evenly on top. Sprinkle potatoes with Parmesan cheese and dot them generously with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, in oven preheated to 375° just until dish is heated through and potatoes are tinged with brown. Yields approximately 6 servings.