Smoked Gouda And Spinach Rice Casserole
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped shallot (one large shallot will do)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, add shallots and mushroom, saute about 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add hot rice, spinach, 1 1/4 cup gouda, and the cream. Stir until cheese melts and the mixture is heated through.
- Put mixture into a lightly greased 2 qt casserole, sprinkle remaining cheese over the top, broil about 2 minutes to melt cheese.