- 2 1/2 c. self-rising flour
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 whole eggs (large)
- 1 1/2 c. cooking oil (I use Wesson)
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (stir into flour)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. grated carrots
- 1 c. finely chopped nuts
- Cream sugar and eggs until thick and lemon colored.
- Slowly add oil while beating at medium speed.
- Add flour slowly, scraping down sides of bowl.
- As you beat, add vanilla.
- Stir in by hand nuts and carrots.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 8-inch pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes at 325°.
- Frost with cream.