Persain Carrot Soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large leek, chopped, white part only
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb carrot, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and garlci.
- Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes.
- Add small amounts of water if necessary, about a tablespoon at a time, to keep from sticking.
- Add broth, carrots, cumin and bay leaf. Bring mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 45 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Working in small batches, puree soup, then return to saucepan. Stir in lemon juice and sugar.
- Serve hot or cold.