Doug Cooper'S Polynesian Black Bean Soup
- 2 c. black turtle beans
- 4 whole tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 1/2 c. favorite meat
- 1 c. diced onion
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. diced garlic, divided
- 2 c. tomato juice
- 32 oz. beef stock
- 32 oz. chicken stock
- chopped parsley, salt and pepper
- Boil beans in beef and chicken stocks until tender. Meanwhile, saute meat, onion and garlic.
- Add diced tomatoes and juice after meat is cooked. Reduce this mixture to a paste. When beans are tender, remove 2/3 of beans and puree.
- Combine pureed meat and bean puree. Put back into pot with beans.
- Let simmer. Will thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley.