Golden Cream Potato Soup
- 3 c. chopped potatoes
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. celery slices
- 1/2 c. carrot slices
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 pkg. frozen broccoli (optional)
- cooked crumbled bacon (optional)
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, water, celery, onion, parsley, bouillon cube and seasonings.
- Cover; simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Gradually add milk to flour, mixing well.
- Add milk mixture to vegetables; cook until thickened.
- Add broccoli and bacon, if desired.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Serve hot.