Decadent Fudge Cake
- 1 c. butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels, divided
- 2 (4 oz.) bars sweet baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/3 c. chocolate syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. shortening, divided
- chocolate and white chocolate leaves (optional)
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.