- 1 nine-inch baked pie shell
- 1 (2 1/2 oz.) pkg. slivered almonds
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- dash of salt
- 1/3 c. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Brown almonds by spreading on pan and placing in a 350° oven until lightly browned.
- Watch carefully.
- Sprinkle cool almonds over pie shell.
- Mix milk, salt, lemon juice, almond extract and vanilla together.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into pie shell and spread evenly.
- Spoon cherry pie filling over top.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.