- 1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced Ortega chiles (green)
- 1 large pinch instant minced onion
- 1/2 soup can water
- 2 large firm, ripe tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 (6 to 8 oz.) pkg. corn chips or tortilla chips
- 2 (5 oz. each) cans boned chicken, chunked or 2 c. cooked and cubed chicken
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a mixing bowl, place soup, chiles, onion and water.
- Stir to blend well.
- Lay 1/2 corn chips in 2-quart casserole.
- Top with 1 can or 1 cup chunked chicken, then half of the tomato slices. Pour half of the soup mixture over chicken mixture. Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Repeat layers in same order, ending with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, on High in microwave or reheat 8 to 10 minutes with cover on.
- Serves 6.