Taco Salad(Easier For Kids To Eat Than Traditional Tacos)
- 1 lb. TVP beef granules
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 oz. pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 c. hot water
- 1/2 head lettuce, torn into pieces
- 6 oz. pkg. corn chips or taco shells, broken up
- 3/4 c. shredded Cheddar, American cheese or soy cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- taco sauce
- In a large skillet, rehydrate TVP granules and onion; drain. Stir in dry taco seasoning mix and water.
- Simmer 10 minutes over low heat.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and corn chips.
- Add TVP mixture just before serving.
- Top with sour cream and/or taco sauce.
- Yields 4 to 6 servings.