Au Gratin Potatoes
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 4 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 c. skim milk
- parsley flakes
- Spray 2-quart shallow baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add onions and garlic; cook until onions are softened and beginning to brown (about 15 minutes). Spread thin layer of potatoes in baking dish, salt, pepper and onion mixture.
- Repeat layers ending with onions.
- Pour in milk. Sprinkle with parsley flakes on top.
- Bake until potatoes are slightly brown.
- Bake (preheated) at 400° for about 20 minutes.