- 1 fresh pork shoulder (loin, ham, etc.)
- 1/8 c. salt (less if desired)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- Make seasoning mix by combining salt, pepper, thyme and celery salt.
- Using a
- sharp knife, poke holes (deep and about 3 to 4 inches apart)
- Using a small spoon put about 1/2 teaspoon seasoning mix
- in each hole, forcing it in with your finger or
- spoon handle.
- Coat outside of roast with any leftover seasoning
- flour over top and rub in.
- Place in pan at
- 2 inches deep and cover with foil for the first half
- baking time.
- Then remove foil, so the sour side will be crisp.
- 30 to 35 minutes per pound of meat at 350°. Use drippings for gravy.