- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 large bananas (ripe)
- 4 Tbsp. sour milk (sour cream is better)
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 heaping tsp. baking powder
- Mash bananas in a bowl and add sour milk or cream.
- Sprinkle soda over this.
- Cream sugar, shortening and eggs.
- Alternate banana mixture with flour and blend thoroughly.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes for a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Grease and flour cake pans.
- This makes 2 large layers or 1 good size loaf cake also.