Ho-Ho Cake(Deep Dark Chocolate Ho-Ho Cake)
- 2 c. flour
- 3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. butter (room temperature)
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. water
- 3/4 c. milk
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Butter and flour cake pan(s).
- Use 2 (9-inch) pans or a tube pan or a sheet pan.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- With an electric mixer set at medium-low speed, beat butter and the granulated sugar until fluffy and light in color, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Reduce speed and beat in flour mixture in thirds, alternating with the milk and water, until just mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan(s). Bake until a toothpick stuck into the center comes out clean (30 to 35 minutes for two 9-inch pans).
- Cool in pan(s) 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.