St. Joseph'S Zeppole
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- Combine water, butter, sugar and salt in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add flour all at once, then beat with a wooden spoon for 1 minute or until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a ball. Cool mixture.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each egg, until mixture has satin-like sheen.
- Use pastry bag with large star tip and fill with mixture.
- Make doughnut shape with pastry bag on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 400° oven for 20 minutes or until puffed and well browned.
- Slice each zeppole in half and fill with the following filling.