Cheesy Vegetable Chowder
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 c. sliced celery
- 3/4 c. sliced carrots
- 1 c. cubed potatoes
- 3 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 (17 oz.) can cream-style corn
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 c. milk
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine onion, garlic, celery, carrots, potatoes and chicken broth in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in corn; remove from heat.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; cook until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Gradually stir cheese mixture into vegetable mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately.
- 4 to 6 servings.