- 10 oz. walnuts, finely chopped
- 7 oz. almonds, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. butter, melted
- 30 sheets filo pastry
- Mix together nuts, cinnamon, cloves and sugar; set aside. Brush 9 x 13-inch pan with melted butter.
- Line bottom of dish with 10 sheets of filo, brushing each sheet with melted butter. Spread 1/3 of nut mixture evenly on top and cover with another 5 sheets of filo, brushing each sheet with melted butter.
- Place 1/2 of the remaining mixture on top of filo.
- Add 5 more sheets of filo.
- Repeat this step once more, using remainder of filo, brushing each sheet with butter.