Cream Of Spinach Soup
- 1 1/2 c. frozen leaf spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. margarine
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 c. whipping cream
- dash of pepper
- dash of nutmeg
- Blend spinach and 1/2 cup chicken broth in blender until pureed.
- In saucepan, melt margarine.
- Add onion and saute until tender.
- Stir in flour and cook about 1 minute.
- Add remaining chicken broth and cook until thickened.
- Stir in pureed spinach mixture, whipping cream, pepper and nutmeg.
- Heat thoroughly. Makes 2 or 3 servings.