Veal With Mushrooms And Peppers
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. veal stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- all-purpose flour
- 12 large mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large bell pepper (red), sliced
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
- 3/4 c. dry Marsala wine
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 c. low-salt chicken broth
- steamed white rice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dredge veal in flour, shaking off excess.
- Add veal to skillet and cook until brown, stirring occasionally (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer veal to plate, using slotted spoon.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in same skillet.
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, oregano, allspice and crushed red pepper to skillet.
- Saute until mushrooms are just beginning to brown (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in Marsala wine and garlic and boil until skillet is almost dry.
- Add veal and juices on plate to skillet.
- Mix in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover and bake in oven until veal is tender.
- Transfer to stove and boil until liquid thickens.
- Serve with rice.
- Serves 4.