Raw Apple Bread
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. double-acting baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 c. coarsely chopped unpeeled apples
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Cream butter and sugar, then beat until light and lemon colored.
- Beat in eggs.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add alternately to the creamed mixture with milk.
- Stir in apples, nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then loosen from pan and turn out onto a rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Serves 10 to 12.