Peanut Butter Cake(Low Calorie-160 Per Slice)
- 2/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 c. sifted cake flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 c. reduced fat or natural peanut butter
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 3/4 c. fat free milk
- Place a strainer over a deep bowl.
- Spoon applesauce into the strainer and set aside to drain 15 minutes.
- You should have about 1/3 cup drained applesauce.
- Discard the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat 13 x 9
- inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat peanut butter 2 minutes.
- Add drained applesauce and beat 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in egg white.
- Beat in milk.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low until moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake 20-25 minutes or until cake springs back when pressed.
- Cool completely in dish on a rack.