Very Cheese-Y Macaroni
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni
- 1 c. broccoli florets
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 c. low-fat milk
- 1 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 c. whole wheat bread crumbs
- In medium saucepan, cook macaroni according to package directions, until al dente.
- Drain well.
- Fill another saucepan 3/4 full with water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add broccoli; reduce heat to medium and cook until done.
- Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease an 8-inch glass baking dish.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter; add flour and stir until smooth.
- Whisk in milk, stirring continually, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Reserve 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Stir remaining Cheddar, Gruyere, Parmesan, salt and cayenne until cheese melts. Add macaroni and broccoli.
- Put it into baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle Cheddar and bread crumbs on top; bake another 15 minutes, until bubbly.