Broccoli Macaroni Casserole
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1 3/4 c. macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 c. cooked broccoli
- 1/4 c. grated cheese
- Melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Cook until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mayonnaise.
- Cook macaroni in boiling, salted water until tender.
- Drain, rinse and drain again.
- Layer macaroni, broccoli and sauce in a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole dish, ending with sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° about 20 minutes.