Potato, Pimento Casserole
- 1 qt. cooked potatoes, cubed
- 1 c. cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c. light cream or milk
- 1 c. cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp. pimento, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. onion, minced
- buttered bread crumbs
- Cook potatoes in jackets until about done.
- Avoid overcooking. Peel, dice and measure.
- Arrange a layer of potatoes in bottom of large, buttered casserole.
- Mix soup with remaining ingredients, except crumbs.
- Cover layer of potatoes.
- Continue alternate layers with potatoes completely covered.
- Sprinkle top with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake at 325° for about 45 minutes.
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings.