Cream Of Celery Soup
- 2 c. celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 1/4 c. plain flour
- 1 c. instant nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire
- Combine celery, onion, bay leaf, garlic and water.
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until celery is tender.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Drain; reserve liquid.
- Set vegetables aside.
- Add water to reserved liquid to make 2 cups.
- Melt margarine in saucepan; stir in flour and dry milk slowly.
- Add reserved liquid to flour mixture, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper and Worcestershire.
- Add vegetables; put in blender.