Pappy'S Spoon Biscuits
- 2 c. self-rising flour, sifted
- 1 1/4 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. oil
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Sift flour into large bowl.
- Take a spoon and make a hole in flour about the size of your fist.
- Pour buttermilk and oil in the hole.
- With a spoon begin stirring buttermilk and oil, pulling in flour gradually as you go.
- After all flour has been stirred in, drop by large spoonfuls onto greased biscuit pan.
- (Dough will be sticky and have the consistency of a very thick batter.)
- Bake in preheated 425° oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until bottom of biscuit turns brown. Place under broiler for few seconds until tops turn light brown. Remove from oven.
- Run a stick of butter across the top of the hot biscuits.
- No messy hands!