- 3 c. flour
- 3 c. sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 sticks real butter (preferably Land O Lakes)
- 3 Tbsp. lemon flavor
- 3/4 c. 7-Up
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- Mix sugar and butter thoroughly, then add egg, flour, egg, flour, etc. until all eggs and flour are mixed thoroughly, either with hand mixer or electric beater/mixer.
- Then add lemon flavor and your 7-Up (the 7-Up will make the cake rise); add yellow food coloring which is optional.
- Bake at 325° to 350° for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on oven.
- Insert toothpick after 45 minutes. Cook in Bundt pan. Let cool 25 minutes.
- Cake is done.