Cheddar Chicken Surprise
- 2 whole chicken breasts, boned, skinned and split into 2
- 1 c. grated well-aged white Cheddar cheese
- 4 large thin slices Black Forest ham
- 1 c. seasoned flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 c. breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- salt and pepper
- Slice each piece of chicken breast open to form cavity.
- Stuff with cheese and reshape meat with hands.
- Wrap in slice of ham. Carefully dredge chicken in flour and then dip in beaten egg. Thoroughly coat with breadcrumbs.
- Chicken must be well-coated or cheese may leak during cooking.