Spicy Pot Roast
- 1 (3 to 4 lb.) beef chuck or rump roast
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. Wesson oil
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 small carrots, cut up
- 4 medium potatoes, pared and halved
- 1 onion, cut up
- 1 can Hunt's Manwich sandwich sauce
- Season roast with salt.
- Brown well in Wesson oil in Dutch oven.
- Add water and garlic, cover and simmer 2 hours or until almost tender.
- Skim excess fat and add remaining ingredients. Cover, simmer 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Thicken gravy.