Kate'S Angel Food Cake
- 1 1/2 c. egg whites
- 1/4 c. cold water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. sifted cake flour
- Sift together three times the flour and 1 cup of sugar and set aside.
- Beat egg whites, water and vanilla until frothy, then add cream of tartar and continue beating until mixture stands in peaks but not dry.
- Stir in 1 cup of sugar a little at a time.
- Gradually add and fold in sifted flour and sugar mixture.
- Bake in angel food cake pan at 325° for about 35 or 40 minutes.