Baked Vegetables Tamale
- 1 1/2 c. (can) corn
- 3/4 c. (can) tomatoes
- 1/3 c. corn meal
- 2 c. grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 green pepper
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3/4 c. milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix corn, tomatoes, corn meal, cheese, onion and green pepper. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Add eggs, milk and seasoning.
- Pour into buttered baking dish at 325° for 1 1/4 hours or until firm in the center.
- This may be served from the dish or may be baked in a loaf and unmolded onto a platter.
- Buttered peas may be used as a garnish with sections of hard-cooked eggs on the platter.