- 1 (6 oz.) pkg. long grain and wild rice
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. water chestnuts, sliced
- 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 c. chicken broth
- Place rice, seasoning packet, butter, water chestnuts, mushrooms, onion and soy sauce in a 3-quart casserole.
- Microwave on High (100%) for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir halfway through cooking time.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid or plastic wrap.
- Microwave on High for 5 to 7 minutes or until boiling.
- Stir, then microwave on Medium (50%) for 40 to 45 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield:
- 6 to 8 servings.