Hot Tomato Hamburger With Rice
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 c. uncooked rice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 (10 oz.) can Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chilies, chopped and drained (reserve liquid and add enough water to make 2 c.)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 onion, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Brown ground beef in hot oil, separating with a fork as it cooks. Add green pepper and onion and continue to fry on medium heat for 5 minutes. Drain excess fat. Gently stir in seasonings, Ro-Tel and Ro-Tel liquid and rice.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for about 15 minutes. Do not uncover or stir during the last 15 minutes of cooking.