Chocolate Cream Log
- 1/2 c. cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 c. cocoa
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Sift flour and measure; add baking powder, cocoa and salt. Sift again.
- Beat in half the sugar a little at a time.
- Beat until smooth and glossy.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored; add remaining sugar and vanilla.
- Continue beating until very thick; slowly add water, stirring constantly.
- Gently fold in beaten whites; gradually fold in dry ingredients.
- Turn into shallow oblong pan about 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch.
- Line with wax paper.
- Bake at 375° for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn out on clean towel and roll up.