Smoked Turkey Risotto
- 3 c. chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen artichoke hearts
- 2 t. olive or canola oil
- 3 green onions, including tops, sliced (1/3 c.)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 c. arborio, basmati, or long-grain, white rice
- 1/2 t. dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 4 oz. spinach, rinsed, trimmed and thinly sliced (2 c.)
- 3 T. grated parmesan cheese
- In medium-size saucepan, bring the stock to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower the heat, add the artichoke hearts, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the artichoke hearts to a bowl and cover to keep warm.