Eggplant Spaghetti Sauce
- 1/2 c. oil (I use olive oil, extra light)
- 1 large eggplant, unpeeled and chopped
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley (flat Italian), chopped
- 1/4 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced or mashed
- 2 very large cans Italian tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. salt, optional
- 1 c. dry red or white wine
- Heat oil in large pot.
- Add all the vegetables and the garlic. Saute over medium heat for 15 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce and all the seasonings.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 3 to 4 hours.
- During the last hour of cooking, add the wine.