Incredible Melted Ice-Cream Cake
- vegetable oil spray for misting the pan
- flour for dusting the pan
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) plain white cake mix
- 2 cups melted ice cream, your choice of flavor
- 3 large eggs
- Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly mist a 12-cup Bundt pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour.
- Shake out the excess flour.
- Set the pan aside.
- Place the cake mix, melted ice cream, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with the rubber spatula.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping the sides down again if needed.
- The batter should look thick and well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the rubber spatula.
- Place the pan in the oven.
- Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 38 to 42 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto a small rack, then invert it again onto a second rack so that the cake is right side up to complete cooling, 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile prepare the Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting , or another frosting that would go well with the flavor of the ice cream in the cake.
- Place the cake on a serving platter and frost the top of the cake with clean, smooth strokes.