Banana Cream Pie
- 2 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. butter (room temperature)
- 1 or 2 sliced bananas
- Whisk together the milk, cream and egg yolks.
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch in heavy saucepan.
- Whisk in the yolk mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Then stir the mixture constantly until it comes to a boil, about 7 minutes more.
- Boil, stirring, 1 minute.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla, butter and bananas.
- Pour into baked pie shell and smooth top.
- Finish with meringue or whipped cream topping.