Apple & Chicory Cheese Salad
- 1 Chicory
- 1 small Apple
- 10 grams Sliced almonds
- 1 Blue cheese or Camembert cheese, etc.
- 2 tbsp Raisins (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Apple vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Herb salt (or Krazy Salt)
- 1 tbsp Plain yogurt
- Roughly chop the chicory and soak in water to help it retain it's crunchy texture.
- Drain the water and pat dry.
- Cut the apple into thick matchstick sized pieces.
- Soak in salt water to prevent color change, then drain.
- Roast the almonds in the microwave for 40-60 seconds.
- (If you have the time, dry-roast in the frying pan.)
- If you are adding raisins, soak in warm water (and drain before use.)
- [Dressing] Add all of the ingredients except the yogurt into a bowl.
- Use a whisk to emulsify and combine well.
- Once everything has blended together, add the yogurt.
- If you have a small whisk (meant for sauces?
- ), you can make a small amount of emulsified dressing in a small bowl, so it's pretty convenient.
- Arrange the chicory, apples, and cheese on a dish.
- Top with the dressing and sprinkle with the almonds to finish.
- I garnished the dish with fresh dill, as seen in the photo.
- You probably can't really tell in the photo, but I added some green raisins.
- You can divide the salad into small dishes to serve at a party.
- This is an apple sold in England.
- 1 small apple is about 150 g.